Thursday, September 12, 2013

Deep Green Mango

Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
Where I found it: Patel Brothers, Flushing, NY

What the package says:
Aampanna (green mango drink) is a favorite tangy, thirst-quenching drink across India.

What it's made of:
Water, raw mango pulp (10%), sugar (9%), salt, lemon juice, spices, black salt, malic acid, pectin, ascorbic acid, spice extracts, FD&C Blue No. 1 (brilliant blue FCF) E133, artificial green mango and line flavor.

What I thought if it:
Yeah, don't judge a book by its cover... Or a mango drink by its list of ingredients.  The first half of ingredients seemed like a sexy combination to my adventures mind. But I found out just how unadventurous my taste buds were. I love green mango and curry separately, not as a mixed liquid mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment