Friday, August 8, 2014

Lay's Mango Salsa Chips

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Where I found it: Shop Rite

Ingredients:
Potatoes, vegetable oil (sunflower, corn, and/or canola oil), mango salsa seasoning (sugar, maltodextrin [made from corn], salt, dextrose, onion powder, spice, natural flavor, red bell pepper, garlic powder, paprika, corn syrup solids, vinegar, mango, gum acacia, turmeric)

What I thought of it:
Opened bag and smelled it. Like a bouquet of flowers. Taste is a subtle fruitiness that at first reminded me of fruity pebbles and some of the Bubbalicious fruit flavors of my youth. But after a few more bites it more closely resembled Trader Joe's Mango Black Tea. Hints of cilantro and chives emerge. 

Does it taste like real mangoes? I can't really say that it does. If you had given me an unlabeled bag of these chips and had me taste them, mangoes wouldn't be the first thing I think of. Maybe melons.


No comments:

Post a Comment