Friday, August 10, 2012

Nubian Heritage Mango Butter Soap

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Where I found it: Duane Reade

The package says:
"Shea & Cocoa Butters with honey & cornmeal...all-natural, non-irritating cleanser of pure vegetable butters, essential oils and organic herbs. Mango Butter naturally seals in moisture and provides environmental protection without clogging pores..."

What I think of it:
I would rate this product higher based on the quality of the soap itself. It is a pretty good soap that lathers really well and has a very mild, pleasant, herby scent. Skin does feel smooth after shower. However, I give it three stars because, outside its box, nothing about this soap reminds me that it is made of mango. It doesn't smell like mango at all. It's likely because ingredients list "mango seed butter," which would explain why the distinctively sweet smell of mango is missing. Overall, it's a very good soap. Just not mangoey enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment